Sunday, September 12, 2010

Is Revenge really SWEET?

I was browsing through the net and suddenly wondered about an old friend back in highschool. I knew I haven't added her yet on Facebook, so I went ahead and googled her. It did give me results, no Facebook account, but there was a Friendster account under her name (I remember adding her on Friendster - but I already disabled my account).

You know how google shows you a bit of information when you try to search for something? When I looked up my friend's name, it did return some results - and when I checked which links had her profile in it, I was shocked to see her Friendster account having some malicious shoutouts posted in it. I knew it wasn't her with all the accusations and lies on the posts there.

Hatred. Anger. Bitterness. Revenge.


I can imagine how much pain or hurt this person (who hacked her account) must have gone through for her to hack my old friend's Friendster profile. I don't know if any of it is true, but, all I know is that, we don't think straight when we're overly emotional.

Besides, if you think about it, what will you get from taking revenge? Anxiety. Stress. More bitterness. So really, it isn't worth it.

One thing's for sure - we cannot rely on our OWN strength to get through these kinds of situations. Emotions will always be there, we will always face differents kinds at different levels. Never act on it, ride it thru and when you know that you're done riding, close your eyes and pray and talk to God.

It can take just a split second, or hours - but definitely, pray for wisdom and clarity. In a moment, you'll feel at peace and you will finally know what to do.

So before you do anything really stupid - STOP. and PRAY.

1 Comments:

Blogger gmm said...

12027

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter