Friday, December 21, 2012

The World didn't End Today

Long time, no post!

I recently bumped into another blog and remembered that I also have a blog that needs some TLC. After reading through my old entries and realizing how much I have changed all throughout these years, I wondered, why did I stop blogging? I've always loved to write, and in here, I didn't have to do some boring stuff like technical writing or contract writing.

And so I'm back. I think.

These days, the best way to get updates is through Twitter and Facebook. A few Sundays ago when my dear husband Pol was waiting for the Pacquiao fight on tv (we didn't get PPV), and from the looks of it, the twitter world was actively giving a blow-by-blow update of what was happening in Las Vegas. I wanted to watch but was also too bored that I just read thru the tweets. And of course someone tweeted that Manny was KO'd by Marquez. I looked for any streaming sites where I can see what's happening, silently, so Pol won't know what was happening, and I saw the KO online. I cannot help but gasp and say, "Oh, no!!".

Naturally he knew I was watching it on the laptop. I said, "Do you really wanna know what happened?" And he outright said "No" -- but I can see his emotional battle thru his curious eyes. Very funny look. His EQ got over him and he took a peek. He didn't believe what he was seeing. So he still watched the fight on tv, to his dismay.

Anyway, I'm out of topic. Haha.

People didn't admit it, but they were obviously afraid of 12.21.2012. The hype of this, is overwhelming --if they only know how very pagan this belief is. Isn't it, the Bible said:

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

God loves us very much and He has no intention of scaring us, making us afraid of what the future brings, or be afraid of Him. It is, actually the opposite: He wants us to accept, love and trust Him fully. Our God is far, far more greater than these silly predictions. Do you know that?

That's why the world didn't end today. He wants us all to realize that there are more days ahead, full of second chances - a chance to love and trust The Lord again.

<3





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Counter